Hockey news 2016 Bruins' Brad Marchand apologizes for Winter Classic suspension

Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand won't be enjoying within the Winter Classic on Fri as he serves the primary game of a three-game suspension the league issued on Wed for clipping Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki.
On Thursday, Marchand apologized for his actions that will keep him out of the NHL's annual outdoor game and for putting his team shorthanded.



"I just want to acknowledge the situation that I've put my team in for being undisciplined and affecting the game for them, and for taking away the excitement for the fans being a part of this rivalry," Marchand said. "And then also for affecting this game for myself and putting myself in a situation to not be a part of this."

"I want to apologize and I truly am sorry to everyone about the situation. It was not my intent to make a hit or try and injure anyone on that play."

Marchand also apologized for putting his team down another man when they are already dealing with injuries, including a major one to forward David Krejci who will be sidelined for at least a couple of weeks due to an undisclosed upper body injury.

"I respect the decision that the League has made and I'm going to live with it," Marchand added.
Marchand has been one of the Bruins' top players this season with 15 goals and 11 assists in 34 games.
Don't forget to share with your friends.